Pages

Search This Blog

November 02, 2017

Warmest & Coziest Thanksgiving Table | Rust, Moss Green, Pumpkins & Plaid



On Thanksgiving, you just want to be wrapped with all of the warm and cozy.  Isn't it a wonder that everyone's favorite holiday isn't about presents?  Ok, it is really about the food.  BUT, more than that, I think it is that feeling everyone loves of walking into a warm house on thanksgiving day that is bustling with family or friends, that smells like a wood burning fire, cider simmering and pies baking.     It is a big table, maxed out to the brim to squeeze everyone together, with mix matched chairs and glasses.  I think all of this is what we really love about Thanksgiving.


Extra Long & Extra Wide Runners.  They look great on any size table.



Mix & Match Silverware

Lately I've kept my eye out for silver plate flatware at estate sales and 'treasure shops' as Emma and I call them.  I mix and match them with our own silver from our wedding.  I don't mind that it is a little tarnished (I never polish!) and everything goes through the dishwasher in our house.  Mixing my collections helps me expand my sets for the entire table.  For example at one setting, I'll use the forks from one collection and the knives from another.  In the next seat, I'll use the knives from one and the forks from the other.  They go together, but they don't match exactly.

I do the same with napkins & plates.  If I only have so many matching plates, I'll mix in white plates every other seat, and use the coordinating salad plates on top of the white plate, then matching pattern salad plate on top of the white dinner plate.  It stretches the collections.




I love adding a sprig of something to a setting.  They aren't too bulky and they smell delish.  



And definitely mix and match chairs.  These new windsor chairs were a steal at a local antique shop.  They match our table perfectly in a dark cherry wood.

I love how throwing the Plaid Blanket Wrap over the chair brings balance and even more warmth to the dark and cozy table.



I'm so obsessed with this magical centerpiece pumpkin.  It is so ancient looking.  I love how the pewter finish salt and pepper and creamers add a refined balance to the table, too.


Velvet is the warmest and coziest of it all.  I love these deep rich tones that will carry over into the Christmas season.  Velvet Ribbon, here.


Piling on the Velvet Pillows is the ultimate relaxing spot next to the fireplace after the big meal.


Find more cozy Thanksgiving ideas, here >

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign