Pages

Search This Blog

October 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Greens | Layers of Patterns & Pumpkins


Not all of us are orange, gold and red people : )  I do tend to embrace those rich colors this time of year, but my heart always sits with tonal neutrals.  I was so drawn to the green pumpkins at the patch this year - maybe because this has been such a strange weather year and everything is still so green around here?  Whatever it is, this table scheme is right up my alley.  It feels cozy and fall-ish, in an entirely new and unexpected way.

Do you know what else I like about this setting?  Take away the pumpkins and you have a great start to a beautiful table for Christmas, too : )  These linens with some hurricanes going down the center, maybe some blooming paperwhites would be a perfect holiday table.


I love how the greens and tans play with the dull finish silvery pewter pieces.  The Edgartown Sand Taper Candles mimic the stems of the pumpkins and also the Warm Velvet ribbon.  I like to think about three colors when I'm designing a table setting - or a room.  Each finish or color should be repeated 2-3 times for the balance to be right.  Here is the formula for this table : 

Green : Pumpkins & Green Hydrangea Block Print Tablecloth ($36-48) & Napkins ($32)
Tan : Pumpkin Stems, Edgartown Sand Taper Candles ($10.50), Warm Velvet Ribbon
Dark Brown : Spode Woodland Dishes & Wood Furniture (Chairs, Desk)
Pewter : Candle Sticks, Salt & Pepper, Gravy Boat, Flatware





To make 8 place settings, I used 4 Green Hydrangea Block Print Napkins + mixed in 4 Hemstitch Napkins.  I use this trick a lot since I usually don't have more than 4 of each napkin.  The Hemstitch basics helps me to expand my seasonal items.


I added the "H" by hand by making a quick little stitch with embroidery thread.  I sketched an H with a pencil, then did little stitches - so easy and took 5 minutes.  


How charming is this little touch that cost hardly anything and was done by hand.  I really don't have any sewing skills, so don't be afraid to attempt!


I tied the print settings with velvet ribbon and added a sprig of rosemary.


I continued the muted theme with orange and green pumpkins on the sideboard/writing desk in our dining area.  The creamware platters create the perfect tone-on-tone backdrop.








I love these Salt & Pepper.  They are impressively heavy, too.  They would be the ultimate Hostess Gift for someone you really like... and we all know they should be well rewarded - hosting Thanksgiving is Hard!



I added more tonal, comfy touches to make the space more luxurious, too, like these Velvet Cashew Pillows.


The adjacent hearth room is also decked in coordinating Green Hydrangea Block Print & Velvet Pillows.

Shop the Thanksgiving Harvest Collection for more ideas for table settings and cozy ideas for your home this Holiday.

Visit this Gallery of  my Thanksgiving Table Settings for more ideas >










No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign